Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup from Cookie and Kate:
- 8 or 9 tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 3 red bell peppers, seeded and quartered
- 2 small yellow onions, cut into wedges
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease two (preferably rimmed) baking sheets. Place tomatoes, skin side down, on one of them.
- Toss the onions and red peppers lightly with olive oil. Place on the other baking sheet, with the red peppers skin side down. Place the garlic on the sheet, too.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Heat your vegetable broth on medium-high heat. Toss in all veggies.
- Purée the soup in a blender and voila! Hot and spicy soup for a chilly fall night.